Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Funny Adventures in an RV Repair Lot

Silly me, anxiety makes me do funny things!  Obviously our 3 week stay was too long in the RV Renovators repair lot!

I noticed that when we returned to the lot one afternoon, the front cap was leaning up against the fence.   Umm… I just cleaned the outside with my waterless cleaner before we arrived at the lot.  Idea struck!  “The cap is low enough that I can reach the top area using my step ladder.  This would be a great time to get the bugs off in the area I can’t reach with the brush and cloth!”  Doug may be able to get up high or even on the roof to reach certain areas, but not this kid!!  I gathered my ladder, spray, and rags.  Out I went!  I bet the guys working wondered “what in the world is that old lady doing?”  A few gave me some questioning stares as I was holding on to the barbed wire fence leaning to get to the hard spots!  They could laugh all they wanted, I wanted it clean and it was the perfect height to get the job done.   It would be so great if we could just tilt the front end cap down anytime we wanted to clean it!  Sure would be easier.  Sad part is that, when putting the front cap back on, they left finger prints that I now have to go back and clean off the cap AGAIN!  Of course now, it is back up high again!  Oh well,  a little arm exercise won’t hurt!

Towards the end of our stay, my senility really kicked in!  All the guys had left for the day and locked the gate for the night.  Remember, we have a gate key.  We decided we would go out for dinner again.  So we get in the truck.  Drive to the gate that uses our key.  I get out.  Unlock the gate, and roll it open.  Doug drives the truck through.  I roll the gate closed.  I have the lock though the hole so the gate can’t be opened.  I just about have the lock closed.  “Wait a minute!” “There is something wrong with this picture!”  “Ummm, why is Doug on that side of the fence and I am still on the inside of the fence!?”  Then I just burst our laughing.  I caught myself!  I was locking myself back inside the gate!  I forgot to go through to the other side!  Geeze, what a dummy!  So, still laughing,  I reopened the gate and walked through to lock it with me on the right side this time!  When I opened the door to the truck, Doug was just grinning at me because he knew, that I knew, what I had done!  Then we both just broke out in a good laugh.  He said “wait until I tell our friends at the RV park in Tucson at our get togethers about this!”  He is not going to let me forget this one!

Hey, I am entitled to a few crazy antics once in a while!  I just tell everyone is just A-G-E kicking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment