Tuesday, February 24, 2015

I WON!

Feb. 21. Sat.  I rushed home from the rodeo to fix my ‘hat hair’ and rushed up to the clubhouse for Award Night for the photo contest because I signed up to help set up the auditorium.  After entering 6 pictures in  different categories, I really did want to win just a little something.  We had 2 members of the local camera club in Tucson judge the photos.  To my surprise, I won 4 prizes!  I won 1st place and $25 in the Critter category with my two lizards.  I took a picture of them about 4 years ago in Arches National park.  I was in the right place at the right time. 

Arches Nat Pk redo for size use this resize

I won 2nd place in the People category with my little cowboy.  He also won me 3rd place in the Peoples’ Choice category, where the park residents vote on their overall favorite pictures.  I am glad they liked this little guy.  I took this picture about 4 years ago while waiting for the real cattle drive before the Cheyenne Frontier Days in Cheyenne, WY. 

Cheyenne cattle drive 005 for photo contest resize

I won 2nd place in the Open category where you can do anything to any picture.  I just took the color our of the picture for a more interesting and striking contrast.  Who would have guessed that something that simple, with all the photo editing programs out there, that the picture really caught the judges attention.  I got the idea from a blog I follow and the picture was taken this year in Zion National Park. 

Return to Zion 090 black and white resized

So I had quite an exciting Saturday!  I rarely win anything so that made it even more exciting!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations. I love that lizard picture. Definitely an exciting time for you.

    ReplyDelete