Thursday, September 24, 2015

A Beautiful Lake Walk and Pretty Deer

9/24. Thurs.  A nip in the air this morning at 57 degrees.  Per John Denver’s song: ‘When the sun comes up, I’ve got cakes on the griddle….’.  Mornings like this there is nothing like a steaming hot cup of hot chocolate, and Doug made a batch of pancakes.  Life is good!  Then on our way to hike the pretty little lake at the entrance to the park, this lovely young lady posed just for me!  I took the picture that close right from my window side of the truck.  What a treat and lucky photo shot! 

Little Beaver Lake and hike 001

It was another gorgeous day as we hiked the easy 1.1 mile trail all the way around the lake.  It was so quiet and peaceful.  The trail follows along the water’s edge and then through a thick rhododendron grove.  We both remarked how pretty the path would be in the spring with all the  blooms. 

  Little Beaver Lake and hike 003Little Beaver Lake and hike 011Little Beaver Lake and hike 014Little Beaver Lake and hike 027Little Beaver Lake and hike 024Little Beaver Lake and hike 030

The trail then returns to the water’s edge and back to the park office and parking area.  Well, you know it is Fall when you see all the Geese and hear their honking in the sky above.  This group seems to be having a last summer cookout!  They headed out just as I walked by and made for a pretty scene on the lake.  It was just such a pleasant walk.

  Little Beaver Lake and hike 041Little Beaver Lake and hike 039Little Beaver Lake and hike 045Little Beaver Lake and hike 048Little Beaver Lake and hike 051

We needed gas, so headed to Beckley, just up the interstate.  Here we are on the road again, in the pretty mountains, and we wind up at Wal-Mart!  Simply got to get that city mentality out of the brain!  The town even had a Hobby Lobby!  Yes, I went!  I am so bad!  Just call me the “crafty lady”!  But I was glad to get back to the quiet and serenity of our cozy site in the woods.  I took a nice walk several times around the campground.  I looked for more deer this evening, but none were nearby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment