Friday, January 17, 2014

Photo Contest-First Time Entering A Photo

Each year here at Rincon West, the digital imaging club sponsors a park wide photo contest.  I decided to enter 4 pictures and see what happens!  The  categories are: people, animals, scenery, flowers.  There is also a category for any type of picture.  The contest doesn’t end until mid Feb.  When we submit a picture, it has to be 8 X 10 and the lab helps us mount it on a picture board to show off each photo.  I have never done anything like this before so I thought I would give it a shot.  Just because I think my photos are pretty good, doesn’t mean any judge would think so!  On Monday, the opening of the contest,  I am going to submit my 4 photos, one in each category.  Gosh, it was hard trying to remember my favorites and then try to find them in my files out of the few thousand pictures I have!  Below are the ones I am going to use unless I change my mind, AGAIN!

Mesa Apache Junction Rodeo 094 pan 12  Lake Marie 1

Denver Mt Evans Drive Buffalo Bill Museum 112 Albuquerque, NM 095

it will be interesting to see other photos taken by others to see if I even hold a small chance of winning anything!  The club is also going to make a DVD of all the entries so that should be fun to watch.  So I will keep my fingers crossed and see how I do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment