Tuesday, May 26, 2015

An Afternoon on the Beach

It was a beautiful cool afternoon, so while Doug was busy with something, I headed just a few short miles to the Dam Neck Annex beach.  Grabbed my camera, lotion, towel, chair, and sunglasses and spent a couple of hours just enjoying the peace and quiet with the sound of the waves rolling in and out.  I couldn’t resist after being away for long.

Va Veach May 001Va Veach May 002 redoVa Veach May 006

It was so relaxing and I just played with some of my camera settings.  Others on the beach probably thought I was crazy putting things on the sand and stooping over.  Then trying to sit up enough to take pictures of my feet.  See, those camera classes In AZ made me think outside the box!   

  Va Veach May 011Va Veach May 027Va Veach May 004

I mainly went to get pictures of the sea birds, as if I don’t have enough already!  But I only saw very few and they were way out over the waves.  I did get a couple of pictures by zooming out and trying to follow them.  I did get a picture of an old Crow.  Not me-the bird! 

  Va Veach May 019Va Veach May 026Va Veach May 037

I love that part of the beach because it is away from tourists and not too many people are on the beach.  Lots of guys go surf fishing down there.  Just watching the waves and feeling the balmy breezes made for a serene feeling.  Even though I love the mountains, I have such warm memories of spending  so much time on the beach growing up. 

Va Veach May 042Va Veach May 044

More days on the beach to follow……

1 comment:

  1. Fun to see the beach pictures cause we sure don't have any around here. Going to be 105 by this week-end. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete