Friday, May 1, 2015

Little Rock, Arkansas

April 26, Sunday.   Ah, at last a nice pretty day for our journey’s drive after the threats of storms and tornadoes had past.  We were a bit South of I-30, and driving towards it, right much of the drive took us through small towns and past lots of farm and ranch land.  I don’t know when I have seen so many horse ranches!  We planned a 3 day stay at Little Rock AFB.  It worked out well and laundry was done plus stocking up on groceries from the commissary.  It was suppose to rain but we only had a brief shower so I was able to get some fresh air and take a nice walk around the lake and on a nature trail through the woods next to the campground.  We had been to this campground many years ago on one of our very first trips out West.  I tend to think the campground was nicer back then.  This time, things seemed to be a bit rundown and the grounds hadn’t been mowed or weeds removed.  But it served its purpose.  At least the lake area was pretty. 

Little Rock AR 011Little Rock AR 001

I like a breather now and  then from camping for just one night after another.  We don’t like to be rushed, but sometimes there really isn’t anything we want to see or do between stops.  It is spring and all the wildlife was out!  So you know my camera and I were out for close-ups of the birds, etc.!  Gosh, how long has it been since we have seen ducks?!  A long time after spending the winter in AZ!   I even got a kick out of seeing tall trees and smelling the honey suckle flowers!  Rather nice to be back in green grass country for awhile. 

Little Rock AR 005Little Rock AR 006Little Rock AR 018Little Rock AR 016

Looks like we are going to have great weather for the drive to Memphis, TN, our next stop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment