Monday, November 18, 2013

A Beautiful Day in East Texas

So pleasant today with the temperature at 75, lots of sun, and a light breeze.  So much better than the high humidity we had yesterday.  A nice morning for another walk around the park.  The leaves area finally finishing their color change and falling off the trees. The color is nice this year.  Back in VA, when we left, the leaves seemed to just turn brown and drop off.  Then we headed off to Wal-Mart again!  Geeze..I knew we should have bought Wal-Mart stock!   Guess it is the thing to do around here because we recognize lots of folks from the park in the store!   Then we returned some movie rentals to the library.  The park has a movie library but it leaves a lot to be desired .  Doesn’t that sound exciting??  We need some kind of entertainment!  We got rid of our Direct TV service because we got no additional benefits when they raised the price and it was just the same old programs, plus the overall programming has really gone down hill.  So we will just use cable when we get to campgrounds that have it.  Unfortunately, we can’t even get anything over the air with the RV antenna from our site here, so I am missing The Voice!  I have to see who is where by watching the recap on my laptop.  Have to be careful about how long I do that.  But I can watch the rest of the season when we get to Austin and San Antonio.   The park in AZ, where we will spend the winter, has cable so I will be set!

Charleston AFB Nov 2012 016    Chattanooga TN Oct 2013 094

We got the truck weighed here at the park yesterday using the Smart Weigh scales.  For some reason, the truck weighs a bit more on the right side.  Wait a minute!  I sit on the right side!  Was the report trying to tell me something?  I am not taking the blame for that!  Sure I need to get rid of a few pounds but not THAT much!  No Tofu in this tummy!!  Only food that is yummy!!

We will get the truck weighed when hitched to the RV on the morning we leave.  That should be interesting!  We did a major shake down when back in VA, so we are anxious to see what the weight is now.  The only really heavy thing left to possibly give up would be the bike rack and bikes.  I sure hate to do that because they are too new. 

This is just too funny!  I meant to mention that when we ate breakfast at Jerry’s the other morning, I asked for my eggs poached hard. Simple, right?  Well, the waitress replied “We don’t poach eggs”.  What?!? Duh, boiling water, one raw egg dropped in the water for a couple of minutes = poached egg.  That was a first!  We chuckled because we had never heard that one before!

chicken

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carol, It's Ella. I'm trying this out. Yesterday was beautiful here in VB too, but cold today. Yesterday, myself and 4 of my friends had a girls day at the Woodshow and Sale in Richmond (I thought of your kids). One of my friends moms lives there so she knows her way around. We had a great day and I got some christmas presents (gotta start sometime). Sounds like you are having a good time touring around TX but looking fwd to AZ. Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear from you! Looks like you are doing great with your new laptop! I am hooked on this blogging stuff. Something new for an old lady! It will be nice to post better stuff once we are on the road so hope you will keep checking back in. I tried to sent this info to Louann but it wouldn't go thru, so please give her the info. Drop me an email now and then, I miss everybody.

      Delete