Friday, November 15, 2013

Exciting Friday? NOT!

Throwing in the mundane, like I said I would, just gives me a chance to play with this new found toy some more!  Please don’t give up on me, I promise to post much more interesting stuff as we head down the road.  But for now, we are BORED, BORED, BORED! So I may not be posting everyday. We will be in Livingston, TX, until Dec. 2nd.  We will, however, have a nice Thanksgiving Day here at the park. Boy did we goof.  We should have just signed up for a couple of weeks then extended if we needed to.  We are better RVers than that after our years of experience but had another one of those senior moments.   We were really trying to be nice and let the city know we were available for the month of November for Jury Duty.  Well, we called the first day here to let them know and the response was “I’m sorry, we don’t have jury duties in November”.  Go figure!  And we were just trying to be nice!  But since there are no refunds, we are stuck.  We have already explored everything there is to do here. Yuck, we could have been further west and doing FUN stuff.  Guess there is always the option of taking a day’s drive somewhere. 

Got up and went to an advertised Trade Days market with food, fun, entertainment, collectables, etc.  Boy,  the brochure sure exaggerated on that one!  There was hardly anybody there and nothing but junk.  Really, pure junk.  Oh, well, there went our morning’s entertainment.  So we were driving back to town when, “BEEP”, the maintenance light came on for an “oil change due”.   So we stopped by the local Dodge dealer and he said to come back at 1 PM.  Now, how do we kill about 2 hours?  We go to TRACTOR SUPPLY!!  Oh,boy, a store where we can pretend we are JR Ewing from the TV series, Dallas, and are ranchers!  Where is my horse? Everything a rancher needs and then some.  But, seriously,  we really do like those stores.  They have unique stuff and we like to browse. Plus, I have bought a few western shirts from them. 

Uh, Oh, is that a Montana Silversmith jewelry case I see!?  My favorite jewelry!  They make beautiful things, do nice work, and it is MADE IN AMERICA.   ummm….”I’d like to see that one” It is one I saw in another western store on our way here.  Do I need it? NO. Do I want it? YES.  Can I afford the pretty fair price?  Well, let’s see, I get my next Social Security check in a week and a half!  Sold! “I’ll take it.”     So then off we go to lunch at the Catfish King (that wasn’t so great either but we are in a small town so we take we we can find) and back to the Dodge place for the hour it took to do the oil change.   So you can see how exciting our day was!  Now, what are we going to do the rest of the weekend?  Please, let’s wait a few days before we roam thru Wal-Mart again…..

misc pics Nov 15 0031381995-tn_cartoon-cow-driving-a-tractor[1]misc pics Nov 15 004 Dodge

1 comment:

  1. Chuckled my way through this post. I've heard from others that there isn't a whole lot to do in Livingston. We've never been there. Hang in there. The 2nd will be here before too long.

    ReplyDelete