Saturday, November 23, 2013

Rain Rain Go Away…..

Cold rain yesterday, today, and more of the same tomorrow with highs only in the 40s.  I thought we left Virginia to find warmer weather!  Seems like they are about the same right now.  It is supposed to warm back up some after Thanksgiving.  Since it was so chilly, dreary, and rainy yesterday, we decided to do absolutely nothing.  We didn’t even get dressed!  We stayed in pajamas all day long!   We almost never do that.  Good thing nobody came knocking on our door!  They would have taken one look at us and thought we forgot Halloween was over!  Also a good thing we both wear glasses and sight isn’t all that great without them so we are still lovely in each other’s eyes…awwww. Sometimes we need to relax and recharge ourselves.  So we played on our laptops, snacked, I sorted the pantry for food we were not going to eat, snacked, we watched a movie, snacked, did little miscellaneous things, snacked.  Oops.. That wasn’t good for us !!  Guess we really were lazy bums yesterday! It did feel good! And there was plenty of chocolate on hand! 

We did go out in the rain today because we WANTED to, not needed to, in order to take care of some things.  Breakfast at The Whistlestop Café, Boot Barn for some polish, Wal-Mart (of course!), then the library for more movies.  Yep..we are bound and determined to find SOMETHING to do.  Speaking of breakfast..  I did it again!  I ordered a pancake! I should know better! It was so under cooked and mushy that I just couldn’t eat it.  After all, I am a pancake connoisseur!  The place was busy and we had already waited a long time to get our meal so I took my plate back to the kitchen area myself and asked for another pancake.  The second one was much better but not that great.  What can be so hard about making a flavorful fluffy pancake? Got me.  Even the ones at McDonalds are far better than most I try on the road.  I’ll just stick to eggs and toast.  

So the rest of the afternoon was spent finishing some greeting cards I have been working on.  I like to make my own.  I really got hooked on card making one winter several years ago down in the Rio Grand Valley of Texas.  I thought I was nuts about crafts but those gals were absolutely crazy!  We were crafting 2 days a week.  I had so much fun and got so many ideas that Doug said I would need a trailer to pull behind the 5th wheel and decorate it like a craft room!  But when he found out there is a painting class at the RV park in Tucson, where we are headed, he put his foot down and said “No more crafts! Pleeese.”  Now let’s see, there is such a thing as miniature paintings so maybe I can make a really tiny one and hide it in one of the tote bags under the bed. He never looks there!  Hee..Hee, He doesn’t see all the OTHER craft ideas I’ve downloaded from Pinterest!  The picture on the card is one I took of the larger 17 X 14 that used to hang in our den.  Told you I was nuts! img091

One of the other craft projects I was doing this weekend really was out of pure BOREDOM.  It was one of my grand daughters’ ideas that she came up with when she was camping with us.  I really liked it and made these flowers to use in my scrapbooking.  Boy , Oh Boy.  That shows you how desperate I was to be entertained!  Just look at me, now I am even sitting here posting a picture of these silly things writing this blog!  I really do need help, don’t I? !!             

   001    img092

Then a pot of chili (the Chili Magic shortcut kind) was just right for such a cold dreary day and we watched one of our movies.  It may have to be more of the same tomorrow if it keeps raining like it is now.  We should have followed some of our friends to Florida for awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment