Thursday, November 21, 2013

Expensive Boredom Cure To Houston, TX, Today! $$$

A 50 mile drive, shopping, and breakfast at Cracker Barrel was an expensive way to make up for not doing much yesterday!  Wondering what to do today, we came up with a last minute idea to drive to the very northern tip of Houston.  It was a straight shot for about 50 miles so we figured that wasn’t too bad for a day trip.  Breakfast at Cracker Barrel was the first stop.  Pecan buttermilk pancakes with hot sugar free syrup and apples –Umm..Umm! That is my favorite item they serve for breakfast.  I love pancakes and theirs’ and mine are the only good ones!  All other places need lessons in how to make tasty fluffy pancakes.  Doug likes the breakfast sampler that has a little bit of everything and today they brought us an extra serving of fresh hot biscuits that,  with a bit of butter and honey, would melt in your mouth .  Yeah, that is just what we needed!!!  We did bring home some leftover biscuits. 

We knew there was a big mall nearby, so we headed that way to walk off those biscuits! It was a really nice big 2 story mall so we had a good walk, plus of course, we had to check out some of the stores as well!  That is the fun of shopping!  It was the thing to do on a rainy hot and humid day.  As usual, being the 4th largest city in the US, Houston’s traffic was really heavy, even in the middle of the day, and all the shopping areas were extremely busy. 

Then, from out of nowhere, a Boot Barn Western Wear store just jumped right in front of the truck!  It sucked me right in!  I told myself that the next time I was in Texas, I wanted some casual REAL cowgirl boots.  Not the kind you find in the retail stores.  I wanted real western boots. Well, I found them!  Of course a new pair of jeans long enough to look right with the boots had to be bought! So that is where the $$$ expensive part comes in!  Wonder who is hiring extra help for the after-Thanksgiving Day sales?!! So now my western look is complete with boots, jeans, western jewelry I  already had, plus my cowgirl hat I bought a few years ago. Yee-Hah, Ride a horse, Howdy, and all that other cowboy stuff!   Guess I will have to post a picture of my ‘getup’ when we go out or to a rodeo.  That’s just me, I tend to get over zealous about things I really love, like the west.  Sometimes you have to just reign me in, no pun intended!  I am like a chameleon, when out west, dress western.  When in Florida pull out the flamingos and flowered shirts.  I know the kids and grandkids must think I have gone off the deep end and they are checking the rates at the Shady Pines rest home! 

So we enjoyed the day and headed back to Livingston just in time for some more rain.  Guess it is back to the Oatmeal or Cream of Wheat for breakfast tomorrow! 

 

          new boots 005       cowboy-boots-hat-design-28180300[1]

1 comment:

  1. I love your new boots. I had a couple of pairs once upon a time. Couldn't dance in anything else. Now I can't wear shoes let alone boots. So frustrating. And you definitely have to have the right jeans. How about some great cowgirl skirts? I think you need to add a couple of those also. I'm so excited about having my internet back.

    ReplyDelete