Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Day in Tucson, AZ

Good food and new friends made for a very pleasant Xmas afternoon.  It was a warm 65 degree day under clear blue skies.  We meet nice people everywhere we go and dinner yesterday was no exception.  It is so interesting to hear other people’s stories.  Amazing how often we find that we have been in many of the places other people live.  That is what comes from all the traveling we have done over the years.  The ham dinner was pretty good and everyone seemed to enjoy it and have a good time.  We spent the rest of the day just being lazy and watching Xmas show repeats.  Sometimes not doing anything feels good!

We talked with family and grandkids to wish them a Merry Xmas from across the miles.  The holidays are always tough for me because I miss family very much.  I wish I could clone myself and be in two places at the same time.  But for now in our retirement, we do what we can while we can.  Life is too short to just watch it pass by.  There is a whole world out there just waiting to be explored!  

“The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
Lao Tzu

So time to put our teeny tree away, walk off Xmas dinner, and return to just hanging out in Tucson.  Life is good! P.S. I wore the shirt I have on at Xmas a few weeks after my son was born 38 years ago!!  Funny to have held on to it all these years and it remains in style!   Even more amazing that it still fits!!!

Xmas tree 001 tree redo xmas 004

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had such a nice day. We decided not to join the crowd at the clubhouse. Worked for us. Sure wish I could get into some of the clothes I wore after Todd was born. Not happening.

    ReplyDelete