Friday, December 20, 2013

Snow on Mt. Lemmon inTucson, AZ!

Yesterday we just hung around the park and had a nice walk since we still had a warm beautiful day. With nice paved streets, walking in the park is a pleasure and it is big enough to feel like you can get a nice dose of exercise.  I need lots of that!  Me in spandex, and one of those wide halter tops is not a pretty picture!  I need more than little pieces of spandex and cotton to hold me in and keep up those body parts that are supposed to be up!  After all, we live in an RV and doing aerobics in my own RV would feel like an elephant stampede or an earthquake!  I’ll stick to walking, biking, hiking & light aerobic exercise classes at the clubhouse.  The park also has a nice exercise room.  I got a bike ride AND a nice walk in today, even in the cold. 

Girl on the exercise bike Stock Photography  

After our morning walk the other day, I went to a creative writing class.  Only 3 of us showed up but I think it will be in full swing after Xmas.  Even met a man who has been writing for years and still is at 88 years old!  We didn’t stay at the class but I went home with the gentleman and met his wife, who also writes and instead of a regular 2 hour writing class, we had a nice 2 hour visit in their park model.  I have my calendar marked and ready to go with all the classes that interest me and it looks like I will be on the go!  It should be fun! 

We woke up to this today! Snow on Mt. Lemmon! Beautiful! I could see some of it right from my window. 

snow ist day from park

Mt. Lemmon and Snow 009Mt. Lemmon and Snow 020

It rained last night and got down to 41 degrees. We had rain but the higher elevations had snow like Mt. Lemmon. There is a ski area on the back side plus a little town at the top.  Mt. Lemmon is my favorite mountain!  The drive up to the top is beautiful and so much fun and we will drive up again when it is warmer and a clear day.  The rock formations are so unique up there.  It will be our 4th time up there!  More rain is expected today so I can hardly wait to see what the mountains look like in the morning!  Here is a shot at the top of Mt. Lemmon on Nov. of 2011!  Lots of snow then!  Hope I see more this time!

Carol and snow 2

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful. The Superstitions didn't have any snow on them but the clouds were low enough to wander amongst them this morning and it was wonderful to see. I think Doug would love to see you in that spandex outfit.

    ReplyDelete