Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Xmas Eve and Park Xmas Lights

Are we nuts to go out into the Xmas rush!? We got an early start hoping to beat the Xmas Eve last day before Xmas rush.  Well, what do you know, it wasn’t bad at all.  And that was at Wal-Mart!  We had to go because Doug was out of a medication.  I also had to get a new hair dryer.  Yesterday when I turned on my old hair dryer there was a CLANG, CLANG CLANG..!!! It sounded like somebody put a barrel of screws in the clothes dryer and turned it on!  I did have the quick reaction to turn it off!  I guess something had come undone and got caught in the motor.  Scared the hee-bee-geebies out of me so bad Doug had to grab the spatula and scrape me off the ceiling!!  I wound up drying the rest of my hair in front of a fan!  So I was lucky enough to find a new hair dryer thinking the store would have sold out for  Xmas.  

When I was young, one morning I wanted a piece of toast but the toaster wasn’t getting hot.  Dad said “Push the plug in”.  Well, the sparks came out flying like the fourth of July!  I screamed and ran across the room!  I have a picture in my mind of Dad grabbing the carton of milk and pouring it on the toaster!  Guess that was the first thing handy!  Turns out the toaster was bad and not the wall socket.  But Dad did ask me “Why did you run away?  What good did that do if there was a fire!?” I answered “That’s what YOU were for!!! I’m just the kid!”  That scared me half out of my wits, and I will NEVER fully trust a plug again. Even to this day, there is that split second hesitation whenever I plug in anything.  So you can see why the sudden loud  noise from my hair dryer made me think of that incident with the toaster.  Funny how certain things stick with us!

    Internet Concept Stock Image                                                           

This afternoon we decided to go see The Hobbitt sequel.  There were no crowds so we got right in.  The movie was pretty good but just lots of continuous fast action that was hard to keep up with at times.  Seems like that is what is in demand for today’s movies.   We had skipped lunch so we headed over to In-N-Out Burger, AGAIN.  I knew that place was going to be hard to stay away from! Guess that meant I didn’t have to cook! 

Then when it was dark, around 6 PM, we walked around the park looking at the Xmas lights.  Some folks went all out!  it is hard to take pictures at night but there are a few to enjoy.  We gave the last picture the award for the most lights!  To finish out the day, we watched Xmas specials with choirs singing Xmas carols.  Just a nice quiet Xmas EVE.    Merry Christmas!   

xmas train and lights 016  xmas train and lights 022  xmas train and lights 021

xmas train and lights 020

1 comment:

  1. I never had the toaster blow up on me but I have a healthy fear of plugs. So everything gets unplugged whenever we go to bed or we leave the rig. I'm surprised you didn't have crowds. There is no way I was going to go near a Walmart today. I love the train decoration. We have some pretty ones in our park but nobody has done it like that last one. Have a very Merry Christmas, dear friends.

    ReplyDelete