Monday, December 30, 2013

Getting Crafty in the Old West!

Oh, Boy!  Another new craft to add to my already list that is too long!  Friday afternoon, I took a wire wrapping class.  This is a separate class from the one on Monday when we made clay beads.  There are no dull moments around here! I had the nicest teacher and she was very patient.  It turned out rather well for a beginner.  Of, course, I was hooked!  So Saturday we got up early, went to breakfast at Sunny Days and hit the flea market for tools I could use in jewelry making.  The worst flea market we have ever been to!  First of all we showed up at 9:00 since the internet said they opened at 8:00.  Well, practically nobody was there and the very few that were there were taking their time setting up and rather nonchalantly said “Oh, most of the venders don’t set up ‘til around noon or 3 PM!”  That certainly is no way to make a living if you need the money!  So we just ran around town to other stores to kill time.  When we returned to the flea market,  we were disappointed.  The place was so dirty (and so were the characters!)  Most everybody was selling the same thing – JUNK, JUNK, JUNK.  We go to flea markets lots of times but this is sure one we will never return to!  So I could have gotten a few more ZZZZZs!  It was a quick walk through the place. 

Since we finished so early, we ran other errands.  Uh, Oh!  There is In-N-Out Burger again!  Since we were going right by it, it just hollered “LUNCH” at us!  Yes, we stopped!  We headed to the strip mall near the park and I stopped in Michaels Crafts.  I should have gone there first to begin with!  They had what I was looking for, plus it was cheap, AND a lady in front of me gave me a 50% discount coupon!  Hold me back, I am on another roll!!!   Well, here is my attempt (with a little help) at wire wrapping in the traditional sytle: 

necklace 005

Yesterday, I  FINALLY got caught up on my scrapbooking.  Then this morning I was right back in the clay room making MORE beads! What a great bunch of ladies.  Everyone here is so friendly.  As I returned to the RV, still ANOTHER HitchHiker RV pulled in a couple sites down from us. Yesterday, one pulled in almost right behind us.  You would think we were having our own Hitchhiker rally!  We are still having warm days and cool nights and no rain in sight for some time.  That suits me just fine!  

1 comment:

  1. Your necklace is beautiful. You are definitely keeping more than busy. And what is your wonderful patient hubby doing while you are twisting wires and scrapping books?

    ReplyDelete